Top 5 Trends for 2017 Wedding Gowns
2017 Bridal Market was incredible. We took members of the team and shopped the magnificent Merchandise Mart in Chicago where buyers from all over the world descended for four days of shopping, exploring, and learning.
What we came home with was a stack full of orders for the prettiest of the bunch, each with their unique details and appeal. So without further adieu, here are the Top 5 Bridal Gown Trends for 2017, all available at Bon Bon Belle:
1. Plunging Necklines: These necklines aren't for the faint of heart, as they will definitely make your heart race. They are feminine, bold, edgy, and breathtaking. And as with almost any gown, if the plunge is a little too deep, we can guide you through modifications to create a neckline you're most comfortable with, without sacrificing style.
2. Amazing Trains: If you have the runway for it, go spectacular. The drama builds down the aisle with a train that is as captivating as one that fills the aisle from side to side. From beaded detail to simple but long, trains are making a comeback and the punctuation on the runway is stunning. And when you are ready to party, we will show you the various types of bustles best suited for your style gown so that you can dance the night away without worry of anyone stepping on your train and stopping your groove.
3. Beautiful Color: Colors other than white or ivory are still strong in 2017 as you'll find shades ranging from gold to wheat, blush to rose, even some blues and lavender hues. When paired with an overlay of ivory, the color can be soft and alluring - just a hint to bring a little uniqueness to the party. If you choose a bridal gown with color, we will help ensure that the other colors you introduce do not compete with your gown, but instead complement your statement.
4. Long Sleeves + Toppers: Sleeves, capes, collars and jackets are abundant as vintage-inspired gowns remain front and center. Perhaps it's that Fall is now the most popular time of year to tie the knot, or simply the desire for a feminine, romantic look. Any way you slice it, shoulder adornments are sought after and you're in luck - we have oodles of styles to choose from at Bon Bon Belle. And if you are on the fence about sleeves - try a topper (jacket, cape, bolero, etc.) which gives you the best of both worlds. You can wear a topper for the ceremony only, then remove it for a different look during your reception.
5. Sporty + Flirty Halter Necklines: Halter necklines attract attention to the center of the body, and are perfect for women who are tall and/or have broad shoulders (they cut broader shoulders lines and also add some curve to those with a smaller chest). This shape is super flattering and because of this, can be worn by almost any body shape, especially women with an hourglass figure. Our collection of halter gowns include a variety of fabrics from crepe to lace, and even edgy geometric patterns. We've even brought styles in for your girls - with subtly sexy tie back halters and luxe knit fabrics.